What's All The Hype About Smart Thermostats For Air Conditioning?
Our society is comprised of many brilliant people, though we don't always get to meet a savant, rocket scientist, or technical genius every day. They are out there though, usually stuck (by choice) in some lab or space where they're creating our next great technological breakthrough.
When you think of your home's heating and air conditioning systems, you're not really thinking much about new technologies or whether or not your system has all the bells and whistles that are available now. In fact, you may have an older AC or central air system that's seen better days.
But the fact is that there are engineering geniuses working hard every day to create better equipment that consumes less energy, fits in smaller spaces, and gives you more power and air control capacity than ever before. Honestly, there are!
We know because we work with these new technologies every day! And, we help homeowner just like you install and understand them.
For instance, your home's thermostat may look dull and boring, but it provides you with a very important function. It gives you complete autonomous control over your indoor climate.
Does Your Thermostat Give You Air Conditioning Usage Data?
Your thermostat reacts to what you command it to do. But unfortunately, many old thermostats aren't that great at listening or telling you what's going on. Would you believe us if we tell you we can upgrade you to one that can?
Thermostats of today have become very smart now. They allow you much more flexible control over your home's climate than ever before. Here are a few things you may not know about them.
- - Thermostats can now be controlled by a remote control at home.
- - And/or, you can access and control your home's temperature over the internet, your smart phone or tablet.
- - Your thermostat can return information to you as well on usage data and you can set alerts and reminders if you wish. Reports can be created and kept.
- - Other systems like humidifiers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, air purification, your sprinkler system, or home's lighting can be connected together so you can control them as well, this creates a smart system for your home.
- - Thermostats can be connected to your home's existing network.
- - Thermostats can learn from you and your home and set their own programs automatically.
- - Thermostats can truly save you energy usage and give you more safety features than ever before.
Time To Update Your Home's Air Conditioning Thermostat!
With all the advancements in just one part of your HVAC system that really seems pretty insignificant, imagine everything else that's available today you have hundreds of ways to save energy and use your home's systems smarter.
So many things today can be automated, including sensors that detect a gas furnace leak and shut it off if carbon monoxide is present. Our homes are becoming smarter, but only if we know what's out there and how to get it!